TRAIL RUNNING READY 8 Week Dumbbell Program
Get Ready for the best season yet in 8 weeks with a fitness program designed to help with Trail Running on your favorite trails. We focus on improving your core, hip and leg strength specifically for trail running, as well as working on the extremely important tendon and ligament strength for taking your running onto the trails. We will introduce you to heartrate based training, a more effective way to become a faster runner no matter what trail you are on, and include videos each week on important things to remember when planning your runs.
You will get 4 workouts a week- 2 Strength and 2 Energy System Workouts, with video demos of all exercises and personalized mobility to finish each session, based on your Intro Assessment results. Pair that with weekly coach support and check-ins to answer any questions you have and keep you accountable and this program is set to get you in the best running shape of your life.
When we design these programs we have 2 goals, to help you have the best season yet, and to make you more resilient, lowering your injury risk.
Wondering why we do things the way we do? This is why!
- We believe the point of training is to increase your capacity to interact with the world around you. Working out here won’t mean you say no to a walk in the park, hike up a mountain, or soccer with your friends- It means you have more stoke to do it.
- Every workout we do is part of a larger progression, a bigger plan.
- We move every joint, every day, moving well before we add weight or intensity.
- We invite adventure and challenge into our workouts. We train outside (even in the wind), but we are not ‘hardcore.’
- We welcome everyone; our community is built on smiles and hellos as much as it is built on lifting weights and climbing mountains. Health is a family matter, and the whole family is always welcome.
- We take pride in SW Alberta, this place, and our health. Our actions show it!
Who is your coach?
About Coach Williams
Alecia is certified through the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology as a CPT with the High-Performance Specialisation. She is a graduate of the Kinesiology program at the University of Calgary and completed an Internship at the Canadian Sports Institute in Calgary before moving just North of Waterton National Park, in Alberta.
Her experience as an elite ski racer gave her practical knowledge of training, and she focused her degree on learning the ins and outs of energy and muscle systems so she could create programs and workouts that prepare you for a specific event while helping reduce your injury risk.
She uses the Adventure-Ready-Model, a method of periodization that has helped hundreds of clients prepare for outdoor adventures of all kinds, to develop programs specifically for recreational athletes. From Mountaineers, to rock climbers, to ultra runners and mountain bikers, WILDR is the perfect place for her to combine her passion for outdoor adventure with her knowledge of periodization.
Currently, she is enjoying training for 50km trail runs this fall, after finding the podium in trail running races last fall.